We are available to travel in Australia and indeed abroad. The exact structure and content of the courses varies somewhat according to the professional Health group whom they are designed for.
About Jörgen Forsberg
Was born and grew up in Sweden. He graduated with a BSc (HONS) in physiotherapy from Birmingham University in the U.K.
Following this he successfully completed an MSc In Pain Management. He then gained invaluable experience over the last decades working in some of the largest University hospitals, pain clinics, and Medical Clinics.
- Speaker APA National conference Sydney
- Speaker at Australasian Dry Needling symposium Melbourne
- Invited to lecture at APA Victorian Head office evenings
- Invited to speak at Peninsula APA Physio group, evening lecture series
- Invited to run workshops at APA National conference
Postgraduate courses in the needling field:
- Acupuncture for Pain Management 1998-99
- Dry needling / trigger points and musculoskeletal pain 1999
- Post foundation Acupuncture course 2000
- Acupuncture / dry needling course 2001
- Dry needling course 2004
- Japanese meridian Acupuncture 2008
- Dry Needling and the matrix of neuro-muskuloskeletal pain 2009
- APA Conference Dry Needling, advanced workshops Sydney 2017
- Australasian Dry Needling Conference, advanced workshops 2018
Other significant courses:
- Diploma Gym / Fitness instructor 1995
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy 1999
- Master of Science In Pain Management 2001
- He has attended numerous other physiotherapy related courses
Jörgen relocated to Australia in 2001. He now runs his own practice in Mt. Martha, Select Physio. He was previously the Manual Handling and Back Attack trainer for the Allied Health department at St John of God Frankston Rehabilitation. Jörgen developed the successful chronic pain program “Pain Wise”, which is a multidisciplinary program run at St John of God Frankston Rehabilitation. Through extensive studying Jörgen has amalgamated Dry Needling techniques from clinician’s world wide.
Jörgen has taught dryneedling to over three thousand health professionals. This included staff working for top National and International Sports Clubs, Physiotherapy clinics to Medical Doctors in Pain Clinics; to the everyday clinician that deals with aches and pains. The techniques taught are easily integrated in everyday practice and are supported by evidence based medicine.
About Brigitte Collins
Dip Physiotherapy, Post Grad – dip Ergonomics, Masters of Manipulative therapy, MAPA, MMAPA
Since graduating in1982 with a Diploma in Physiotherapy from Queens college In Glasgow, Brigitte has gained extensive clinical experience in the United Kingdom as well as Australia. She now works as a Senior Clinician at St John of God Frankston Rehabilitation specializing in musculoskeletal disorders.
Brigitte is also the Occupational Health and Safety Officer for Allied Health.
Post graduate courses:
- Post –grad Diploma in Ergonomics 1991
- Masters in Manipulative Physiotherapy 2000
Acupuncture / Dry needling experience
- 90 hour Acupuncture course in Sydney 1988
With over 20 years of needling experience Brigitte has successfully treated thousands of people with acupuncture and dry needling. Over the years she has been able to refine her technique.
Extensive clinical and professional experience
Brigitte brings a wealth of experience to the practical group sessions. Her interactive and positive approach aim to develop and refine the skills of the participants.